This is the most simple, yummy dessert that satisfies a sweet tooth. It’s so simple in fact that I almost hate to call it a recipe, but Sarah of Everyday Paleo does in her Everyday Paleo cookbook. I made it early in my Paleo days and it’s become a household staple. My kids even ASK if I will make this bedtime blueberries “recipe”.
It seriously takes about 2 minutes to put together and less than 10 to bake. It’s a warm and a guilt-free Paleo dessert!
Start with fresh or frozen blueberries and put them in a baking dish.
Then sprinkle on unsweetened coconut flakes and slivered almonds.
Then drizzle orange juice over top and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Eat immediately. Really awesome with a glass of almond milk! It’s a great dessert anytime, but especially if you are craving something sweet.
- 2 Cups frozen blueberries (I have also used fresh)
- ½ C unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ½ C sliced almonds
- 4 TBS freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Layer blueberries in a pie pan and sprinkle with coconut evenly over the blueberries followed by sliced almonds
- Drizzle the entire dish with the orange juice and bake for 15 minutes
- Finish under the broiler on high for another minute or until almonds start to brown
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.