If you are looking for Paleo dessert idea, this Berry Cobbler takes just 15 minutes to prepare, plus it’s light and delicious any time of year. I adapted it from Diane Sanfilippo’s Practical Paleo – which is one of my top 3 favorite cookbooks! She features her recipe with just blueberries. But I mixed raspberries with my blueberries. You could really have fun with this and experiment with blackberries and strawberries as well.
Spread the berries out evenly in a baking dish and gently coat with lemon juice.
Combine the rest of the ingredients to make a cobbler topping, and spread evenly over the berries.
Bake until bubbling and topping is a golden brown. It’s delicious piping hot out of the oven, or served at room temperature.
- 2 pints fresh berries (blue berries, raspberries, black berries, strawberries)
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 2 Tbls maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the berries in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Squeeze the juice from ½ of the lemon over the berries and gently toss to coat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, chopped macadamia nuts, melted ghee, remaining lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt - stir until well blended.
- Spread the nut topping gently and evenly over the berries.
- Bake until the berries are bubbling and the topping is golden brown (approximately 30-40 minutes)
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.