When the Cave Mamas recently went on a field trip to Whole Foods in search of a Paleo friendly barbeque sauce for our taste test post, we found ourselves face to face with a Tessemae representative. Since we were planning to test and feature the Tessemae bbq sauce, we felt quite fortunate to have the opportunity to talk with this woman who was incredibly knowledgeable about all the Tessemae products.
What we didn’t realize at the time, was that she would share with us the simplest and most delicious chicken recipe – Buffalo Crack Chicken as she called it. She explained that this was her own personal creation and she chose the recipe name based on how addicting she found the dish to be. At the time, I simply thought she was passionate about food. But the Cave Mamas have come to discover that this dish IS addicting.
As far as recipes go, simple is an understatement with this one! There are only 4 ingredients….
Tessemae Wing Sauce (available in mild or hot – we enjoy the mild version)
And of course…..chicken! Just 4 ingredients and only 3 steps before you can pop a piece of Buffalo Crack Chicken in your mouth. But beware, make a double batch because you’ll definitely want left overs!
Cut chicken into bite size cubes.
Marinate in a zip lock bag with Tessemae’s Wing Sauce.
Toss in almond flour.
Once the chicken is well coated, saute in coconut oil until it is cooked through.
Of course – you’ve got to top it off with a hefty drizzle of Tessemae wing sauce.
- 1-2 lbs chicken
- 1 bottle Tessemae wing sauce (mild or hot)
- 1-2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbls coconut oil
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes.
- Place chicken cubes in a large zip lock bag and add enough Tessemae wing sauce to thoroughly coat.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, and up to 10 hours.
- Pour a cup of almond flour in a large bowl. Dump contents of zip lock bag into the almond flour and gently toss till well coated. You may need to add up to another cup of almond flour depending on how much chicken you use.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan. Once melted and hot, add the chicken.
- It's best to cook the chicken in a single layer, so you may need to saute it in two batches.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it to a serving dish and drizzle with more Tessemae wing sauce.
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.