Can I be honest? I love chicken nuggets. I know how bad they are for you and that they probably aren’t even real chicken, but geez they taste good. Chick-fil-A has a better version but they are still fried. So how excited was I to find a recipe for crispy chicken tenders in the Paleo in 28 cookbook? VERY excited!
With only 6 ingredients, you will have these ready in under 20 minutes and that includes baking time! It calls for chicken tenders, but I just cut up three chicken breasts (roughly 2 pounds of chicken) in to strips.
Then whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl and in another bowl, mix the almond flour and spices. Take each chicken strip and dip into the eggs, then roll in the almond flour mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 18-20 minutes.
They don’t get as crisp as if you fried them, but they are so tasty and an awesome alternative to the junky fast food chicken nuggets! I had my teens and our neighbors little kids taste them and they all loved them!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs
- In a shallow dish, use a fork to mix the almond meal, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the almond meal mixture, and place on the wire rack. Repeat with each piece
- Bake for 18 minutes and serve
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.