I am not a huge chocolate fan (I know, I’m the only woman on the planet!), but I am a huge coconut fan! So, when Danielle Walker from Against All Grain published this recipe in her cookbook, I knew I had to make it. Be sure to check out her website for more amazing recipes and grab her cookbook (psssst…it’s in our shop). It’s one of my favorite for Paleo cooking and baking!
It’s easy and it’s great for when you have a sweet tooth but don’t want a whole dessert!
The first 6 ingredients mix together simply before you add the egg white. I had never made an egg white form peaks before this recipe so I was excited when it actually worked!
Once you mix this in, form the macaroon balls and bake! Finish off with the melted dark chocolate. Enjoy the yumminess!
- 3 C shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ C honey
- ½ C coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- pinch sea salt
- ½ C dark chocolate chips, melted
- Mix first 6 ingredients together
- Add pinch of sea salt to egg white and beat with mixer until peaks form
- Add egg mixture to coconut mixture by gently folding in
- Form balls onto parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 30 mins
- While balls are baking, melt chocolate chips; after balls have baked and cooled, dip bottom of balls into melted chocolate and let sit for 30 minutes.
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.