I recently went on a cruise and they had a lemon dressing that I fell in love with and had every day on my trip! When I got home this week I knew I wanted to find something similar and I think I did with lemon vinaigrette dressing from the Simply Salads cookbook.
It will only take you a few minutes to whip this up and it not only makes a tangy dressing but would be a terrific marinade for chicken or even fish. Start with dijon mustard and lemon juice. The recipe says to only use fresh lemons but I used bottled lemon juice and it still tasted great.
Slowly add the olive oil and mix with a whisk.
Add the salt and pepper to taste and this is how it looks. It makes about 1/4 cup of dressing.
I added it to some butter lettuce and strawberries. While it’s still officially winter, I pretended I was on the cruise ship and it was summer while I ate this!
- 2 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS dijon mustard
- 6 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a smal bowl whisk together the lemon juice and mustard.
- Slowly add the oil in a stream, whisking to emulsify.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.