Just because I “went Paleo” doesn’t mean I don’t like bread. I LOVE bread, but not with wheat flour, so you cannot know my joy and excitement when I found this paleo banana bread recipe in the Make it Paleo cookbook made with coconut flour!
It is super easy to make and in about 45 minutes you will have 3 mini-loaves of the most delicious bread for snacking, breakfast, or anytime! I utilized CaveMama Debi’s frozen banana tip from my last bunch of gone-bad bananas. And this recipe calls for a date mixture, also found in the cookbook, but you can click here to go over to the Primal Palate website before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
Once you have made this date mixture (which takes all of one minute!), simply follow the rest of the banana bread recipe and bake for 30 minutes. I have a mini-loaf pan from Pampered Chef, but I suggest you purchase three disposable aluminum pans if you don’t have another type.
And there they are!
- ½ C coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs
- date mixture from Primal Palate includes 4 medjool dates & ½ TBS of pure maple syrup
- ¼ C coconut oil, melted
- ½ C overly-ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, blend eggs, vanilla, and banana with a hand mixer
- Prepare the date mixture using the Primal Palate recipe*
- Blend date mixture into wet mixture
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and blend with hand mixer
- Add melted coconut to batter and blend
- Lightly grease 3 mini-loaf pans and add batter to each, allowing some room for the bread to rise
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes (or slightly longer if needed)
- Let cool and slice
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.