Sometimes we need a go-to recipe. You know, one that you can throw together in a few minutes, even if you forgot to plan anything at all for dinner!
Oh, that never happens to you? My bad.
Well, should you ever happen to join me on the forgot-to-think-of-dinner trail, this recipe will save you from ordering out. It has become a family favorite and always, always, always turns out great!
The recipe calls for using a food processor to chop the pecans, but I used the Magic Bullet. It’s a personal smoothie-making device that comes with several attachments, so I just threw the pecans in a Magic Bullet mug and chopped them in there. I think the Ninja is the updated version to this.
Once the pecans are crushed and the mustard and honey are mixed, roll each chicken breast in the honey-mustard mixture and then the pecans to coat each chicken breast.
Then place each breast into a baking dish and into the oven for 45 minutes! It’s better to use a glass dish as the recipe suggests because they won’t stick as much. While they are cooking, make your vegetable or whatever Paleo side dish you want to serve. I usually make a spinach salad with it! Easiest dinner you can make~I promise.
- ½ C spicy brown mustard
- 2 TBS raw, organic honey
- 1 C pecans, crushed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350F; in a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together mustard and honey.
- Toss the pecans in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped (I use the Magic Bullet). Pour the chopped pecans into a large bowl and set aside.
- Using a paper towel, remove any excess moisture from chicken breasts.
- Taking one chicken breast at a time, roll the chicken in the mustard-honey mixture and coat on both sides.
- Transfer the coated chicken breast into the chopped pecans and cover both sides.
- Place the crusted chicken breast into a greased glass baking dish and sprinkle each chicken breast with just a little sea salt if desired. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.