I’m not much of a smoothie drinker. There’s just something about drinking liquid fruit that doesn’t sit well with my taste buds. But anything with pumpkin in it is certainly worth a try. So I mixed up Diane SanFilippo’s Pumpkin Smoothie – and I actually liked it.
With just a few simple Paleo pantry staples and a frozen banana, you can be sipping on this pumpkin pleasure in just minutes.
Toss everything in the blender…
and voila – liquid pumpkin yummy-ness in a glass!
There are a few optional ingredients listed in the recipe: a handful of ice which I used to help thicken the smoothie; whey protein which I did not use – although I always put a scoop in for my son’s smoothies, and honey or maple syrup to add a touch of sweetness – which I opted to forgo. So have fun with this simple recipe and feel free to experiment – after all, it’s just food!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- small handful of ice - optional
- 1-2 scoops 100% grass fed vanilla whey protein powder - optional
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup - optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drink and enjoy....doesn't get any easier than that!
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.