I’m not a huge sweets fan, but sometimes I love a little after dinner treat. When I found this recipe on Life Made Full, I knew I had to try it, mainly because I love bananas. With only four ingredients, these Salted Chocolate Caramelized Bananas are really easy!
*Disclaimer…mine did NOT look like hers when I was done, but they tasted delicious.
Start by slicing bananas into bite-size pieces.
With a skillet, add coconut oil and heat on high. This is where I went wrong…I only did medium heat so the bananas didn’t caramelize enough.
Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
I used lollipop sticks for each piece of banana and dipped each piece into the melted chocolate.
I’ll be honest…they don’t look pretty, but after sprinkling each with sea salt, the flavor combo is amazing. Just remember to caramelize the bananas on high-heat!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2-3 TBS coconut oil
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- sea salt (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat
- Slice the bananas into bite-size pieces
- Place into hot oil and fry for about 1 minute, then gently flip over and brown other side. Remove to cool for a minute onto a paper towel
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler
- Use the cake pop stick or decorative toothpick to dip the banana into the chocolate. You can cover it all the way or in part
- Be careful-the banana can slide off the stick, just maneuver it around carefully
- Place onto a plate covered with parchment paper and place in freezer to cool completely
- Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, if desired
- Serve frozen
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.