There is nothing better on a cold, rainy day than a hearty soup! And when you can make it in the slow cooker, well, life is almost perfect. That’s why this Stuffed Pepper Soup from the Paleo Slow Cooker cookbook might make my top 10 favorite recipes!
With just 6 ingredients, it will only take you a few minutes to prep and that only includes chopping peppers and browning the ground beef.
Instead of using a whole butternut squash and cutting it up, I found these bags of pre-cut butternut squash cubes in the produce section of Walmart. This is a 16 oz bag.
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the green peppers are cooked.
Once it’s done, just serve. I did make some white rice to go along with it for my family, but was delicious without any! I cooked it for 4 hours on low, but you could go longer, maybe even 6 hours. The butternut squash was al dente and could have been cooked a a little more. Totally depends on your preferences. We still really liked it!
- 1.5 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 3 C diced green bell peppers
- 2 C diced butternut squash
- 1 28 oz. can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- ¾ C honey
- seasoning of choice to taste; basil, thyme, oregano, onion flakes, etc
- Mix all the ingredients in a a 4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the green peppers are cooked
- Turn to heat on high and cook for 20-30 more minutes
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.