- How old are you? I just turned 39 (like a week ago!)
- When did you begin CrossFit? January 2015 – so I just had my one year anniversary.
- What inspired you to start? I wanted to improve my strength for soccer and softball. I had only ever played my sports, I had never trained and worked out to be in better shape for them. I had always played sports, but the year leading up to when I began CrossFit, my desire to play had diminished. I was looking for something different to do, and a friend asked if I wanted to go to a Women’s Only CrossFit class with her. I didn’t know much about CrossFit, except seeing my friend Emily post pictures of the crazy workouts she did at lunch every day. So I decided to give it a try.
- Why do you continue to CrossFit? I really love it, and the community at my box is like family. Plus if I don’t show up to a workout, everyone asks if I’m OK or if something is wrong…so the accountability is so helpful.
- What is your greatest accomplishment in CrossFit? Finishing the CrossFit Open last year after having been doing CrossFit for only 2 months. Completing the Open taught me a lot – and I realized that I could lift weights I didn’t believe I could lift.
- What life lessons have you learned from CrossFit? You can do anything you put your mind to. Especially with the positive people that do CrossFit with you. I also learned that there are no limitations to age. You have people in their early 20’s and in their 50’s working out side-by-side, and encouraging each other. It is really great to see.
- What do you struggle with most in CrossFit? I struggle putting a time table on some of the movements I haven’t accomplished yet. For instance, I set a goal to get my first unassisted pull-up by January 2016 – and I haven’t met that goal yet. So I struggle with that reality.
- What are your current CrossFit goals? An unassisted pull-up!!!! I want to continue to improve week to week, hit PR’s and just get stronger and increase my endurance.
- How has CrossFit made you a better person? It has given me the desire to eat better and do more things I never thought I would. If it wasn’t for CrossFit I wouldn’t be training for my first half marathon in February or 8 Sprint Triathlons this year.
Thanks for sharing your story Cindy!
Each of us has a story, and although we may not realize it, our story will inspire someone else! We’d love to share YOUR CrossFit story. Feel free to answer the questions above, or use them as inspiration to write your story and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photo.
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.