- When did you begin CrossFit? I started doing CrossFit in 2012.
- What inspired you to start? During my time at Ithaca College I was a running back. After school, I went into the fitness modeling world for a while. During that time, I was turned on to CrossFit by Derek Robinson, a regional athlete in the area….and I haven’t looked back!
- Why do you continue to CrossFit? I love the camaraderie. Its very similar to being on a football team, in that we all root for each other. Its a family.
- What is your greatest accomplishment in CrossFit? I went to Regionals in 2013. I can see why people love it. The atmosphere is electric. Since that moment, my wish is to be back there. One of my greatest accomplishments was beating Rich Froning in a partner competition. We took first place in that competition, which was one of only 3 times that he has ever lost.
- What life lessons have you learned from CrossFit? CrossFit helps me continue my evolution as an individual, a coach and a motivator. My main focus right now is as a youth strength and conditioning coach, but I am also a CrossFit coach as well as a nutrition coach. For the past three and a half years I have been creating my own motivational quotes and this sport helps inspire me in life.
- What do you struggle with most in CrossFit? OHS and Snatch due to separated shoulders. I separated them both playing college football, and then played through it. Unfortunately, they healed poorly. Plus, the traditional bench press (all the time) really hurt my mobility, lol.
- What are your current CrossFit goals? I’d like to be fully healed from my shoulder and knee injuries in order to get back to Regionals….all while also continuing to inspire others to work hard every day.
- How has CrossFit made you a better person? It’s hard to describe it exactly. Its the essence of what CrossFit is, that has impacted me. I can be working out next to a games athlete on one side and someone’s grandmother on my other side…and no matter what, we all are cheering for the other person. It isn’t about being the best athlete daily, it’s about being the best person and making an impact beyond the normal human interactions. Its being human to its fullest.
Thanks for sharing your story Jamie!
Each of us has a story, and although we may not realize it, our story will inspire someone else! We’d love to share YOUR CrossFit story. Feel free to answer the questions above, or use them as inspiration to write your story and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photo.
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.