I know it sounds like such a strange combination. I thought so too, when I first tried a Watermelon, Tomato & Basil Salad at a local restaurant. But it ends up it’s the oddity of this simple mixture that makes it so great. Just 3 fresh ingredients…
I prefer to use a seedless watermelon.
Just 10 to 15 minutes with a knife in hand – and you have a simple and incredibly delicious summer salad.
I love salt on almost anything – but especially on watermelon! The quantities listed in the recipe are just a starting point. Feel free to alter the ratio of ingredients to fit your taste buds.
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Cut watermelon into bite size cubes.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half.
- Hand shred or slice the fresh basil leaves into thin strips, about ½ to 1 inch long.
- Combine the watermelon and tomatoes in a bowl or serving dish.
- Add salt to taste, or just serve it with the option to use salt.
- Spread basil on top of the salad.
- You can leave it, or gently toss to mix the basil in.
Join our Community & Get The Cavemamas Favorite Things we think you should know about!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.